When you wake up to the sound of the Pacific Ocean waves crashing outside your window, there's no doubt about it: you're officially on vacation.
If you can pry yourself out of your comfy California king-sized bed, you can scamper down to the beach and have your toes in the sand in less than three minutes: it's that close.
This charming single-level beach cottage is fully remodeled (our fave improvement: the brand-new custom master bath, stocked with complimentary products and fluffy hotel towels). You'll hear the sounds of passing Amtrak trains in the distance. We find that kids love to watch the choo-choo, but fear not: the condo's got double-paned windows for when you want to forget it's there.
• Sparkling ocean views from the balcony
• Kitchen – Updated granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and microwave make it easy to heat-up snacks or prepare a multi-course feast
• Living Room – overstuffed leather sofa, 50" flat-screen and real fireplace for maximum coziness.
• Dining Area – four-person table plus bar seating, perfect for entertaining
• Master Suite – catch a flick on the Smart TV from the comfort of your Cal king bed, outfitted with crisp linens
• Master Bath – shaker-style cabinetry and quartz countertop with his-and-hers sinks, plus custom shower stocked with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, compliments of the house
• Guest Room – fun trundle bunk bed that sleeps four: one on the twin bunk up top, two on the lower-level queen, and another on the tucked-away twin-sized trundle.
• Guest Bath – full tub, shower and toiletries and quartz countertop
• Boardwalk-style people-watching from the patio
• Beach Gear – toys, chairs, cooler, umbrella and boogie boards provided
• All the basics – the condo is stocked with linens, blankets, towels, bath products and essential pantry items (cooking oil, spices, etc)
• Pack-n-play available upon request
With lush landscaping, a koi pond and loads of kid-friendly activities, North Coast Village is ideal for grownups and tykes alike. Luxuriate in the community's two spa Jacuzzis, splash around in the pool, or challenge a relative to a mean game of eight-ball or ping pong (condo has paddles and balls).
Other amenities include free gym access, sauna, rec room with TVs, putting green, commercial grade BBQ grills for community use. You'll also find on-site laundry rooms, rentable clubhouse with kitchen and bar and 24-hour patrol for your peace of mind.
When you want to get out, you have 10 spectacular beaches to choose from, just minutes from the complex.
The kids will flip when they find out that six of the country's most famous theme parks are less than an hour away, including Legoland, the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park, SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, even Disneyland and California Adventure. You can slip a little culture into their vacay with a visit to historic Mission San Luis Rey, Oceanside Surf Museum, Oceanside Museum of Art and the Museum of Making Music, all conveniently close by.