Being on the third floor has its perks. At this two-bedroom penthouse, it's all about the balcony. Or rather, balconies. You could lose hours just sitting on the upper-level terrace with a cool glass of lemonade, watching the sparkling Pacific crash on the Oceanside shore.
The spacious split-level condo has plenty of room for the whole fam-bam, with a luxe new Cal-king mattress in the master, two sets of bunk beds in the kids' room, and a queen-sized sleeper sofa. East- and west-facing windows let you gaze at the ocean and the swaying palms, or wave to the Amtrak as it rumbles by—a true icon of SoCal living! (We find that kids love to watch the choo-choo, but fear not: the condo's got triple-paned windows for when you want to forget it's there.)
• Kitchen – stocked with basic pantry items and full-size appliances for when you want to cook like you do at home, and small ones (toaster, coffee maker, blender) for an on-the-go breakfast
• Living Room – modern furnishings (including queen sofabed), working fireplace, flat-screen TV and treetop views from the east-facing balcony
• Dining Area – open layout with new flooring, four-person dining table and two-top breakfast bar
• Downstairs Master Suite – California king-sized bed, crisp linens, flat-screen TV and palm-tree views, plus private bath stocked with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, compliments of the house
• Upstairs Kids' Suite – two sets of twin bunk beds and toys galore, plus adjacent balcony, TV area and full bathroom
• Two Balconies – the best spots in the house, offering river views to the east and ocean views to the west
• Beach Gear – toys, chairs, cooler, umbrella and boogie boards provided
• All the basics – the condo is stocked with linens, blankets, towels, bath products and kitchen items
• Pack-and-play and umbrella stroller provided
With lush landscaping, a koi pond and loads of kid-friendly activities, North Coast Village is ideal for grownups and tykes alike. Luxuriate in the community's two spa Jacuzzis, splash around in the pool, or challenge a relative to a mean game of eight-ball or ping pong (condo has paddles and balls).
Other amenities include free gym access, sauna, rec room with TVs, putting green, commercial grade BBQ grills for community use. You'll also find on-site laundry rooms, rentable clubhouse with kitchen and bar and 24-hour patrol for your peace of mind.
When you want to get out, you have 10 spectacular beaches to choose from, just minutes from the complex.
The kids will flip when they find out that six of the country's most famous theme parks are less than an hour away, including Legoland, the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park, SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, even Disneyland and California Adventure. You can slip a little culture into their vacay with a visit to historic Mission San Luis Rey, Oceanside Surf Museum, Oceanside Museum of Art and the Museum of Making Music, all conveniently close by.